Monday, January 5, 2009

A Good Book

A friend from church gave me this lovely little gift yesterday.

She told me to tuck it away until the right time, but it was the perfect time right away, I miss my dear dog down to my toenails, so thinking about her isn't an issue. I already am.

If you know someone who has a dear dog friend at the end of their life, this is a wonderful gift to give them. It tells the story of the end, from the dog's view.

Yesterday at church we had the "make-up" solstice play from the missed solstice service. It was wonderful, huge turn out of children AND adults to play animals. And yes the dog costumes did bring tears to my eyes, but smiles to my lips, too.

1 comment:

David G. Markham said...

Hi Kari:

Thank you for your beautiful tribute to your dog, a loving companion for many years.

I recently read Timbuktu by Paul Auster which is short novel told from the dog's point of view. The dog is actually the narrator of the story.

I am thinking of you in your grief,

David Markham