I've figured out a whole bunch of true things this Thanksgiving. Here they are:
10. It is totally developmentally appropriate for adolescent boys to play video games all day long on a holiday.
9. Vegetarians should never have to clean out the turkey. Ever.
8. A clean house makes everyone happier, even if getting there makes everyone grumpy.
7. Missing friends and family is just part of the bargain.
6. Drink some wine, cook with some wine. Repeat.
5. Sylvia's pie crust recipe on The Pioneer Woman blog really and truly is the best, ever.
4. Having friends who you actually like and look forward to hanging out with come for dinner takes all pressure off, and you just look forward to a good dinner.
3. Check to see if you have an extra leaf to that table way ahead of time, a drill and rubber mallot may be involved.
2. Pumpkin pie always takes longer to cook that the instructions think it will.
1. This life is so full of blessings that it's almost too humbling to list them. Family, marriage, children, friends, colleagues, and the chance to do it all again in the next 24 hours bring me to the biggest "thank-you" prayer yet. Thank you.Happy Thanksgiving.....WITH a side of cranberries!