Thursday, October 8, 2009

Alone in San Fransisco


Well, of course you're never alone in a city. It's one of the nice things about cities, I'm sitting in the Ferry Terminal building, drinking tea, watching the ferries come and go (no jokes about "ferries in San Fransisco please!) and sharing a table with other people. No one I know, just regular people.

The beautiful sunny days have given way to what I think is normal Northern California autumn weather; gloom.But it's just right for today. Everyone went home. One friend left for Florida last night on the redeye. And this morning the other two hopped in a zippy little Prius cab and headed for the
airport, going home to Minnesota.

This is why I feel so alone.

We had a spectacular trip. There was way too much shopping for me and not nearly enough for someone else. We ate a lot of great food, and also had dinner and breakfast in our room. We were gone from our hotel for 11 hours straight yesterday, and stayed in all of Sunday night.

Balance. And it was so good.

The best parts were:

The cable car to Fisherman's Wharf



The Japanese Tea Garden

The labyrinth at Grace Cathedral

And of course....just being together.

Stupid "have-to-go-back-to-real-life" craziness.

I know today more than I knew before that I am deeply blessed to have sisters that aren't related to me. Friends who are family; these amazing women in my life. Thanks girls. I really don't know who I would be without you.

And if you want to see the antics four forty-somethings can get up to when given a camera with video options? Check this out...




No comments: