Thursday, February 19, 2009

SO much fun

I am in beautiful Salem, Oregon for the PNWD LREDA Area meeting. Today was day one of Professional Days. And I only have one thing to say.

I want to live with my LREDA colleagues. They sing and dance and laugh--oh my GOD how they laugh.

It's so fun to be with colleagues.

I have to go out to dinner with them in two seconds--such a chore! Right after I print my budget report.

And I leave you with one thought any UU readers out there. Laurel Hallman and Peter Morales are here, they spent hours with the ministers, answering questions, listening to concerns. And except for an accidental run in say in the bathroom or the lobby of the hotel, Religious Educators get none of that. Why? Well, because minsters get a vote at GA, and Religous Educators don't. Not even credentialed folks.

Hmmm.....wish I knew someone with some pull in what gets talked about at GA in the plenery......hey! I LIVE with the youth caucus FUNTIMES manager. I'll have to lobby. Until then, I'll see if I can catch an elevator with Laurel and maybe a parking lot jaunt with Peter.

Now, off to all you can eat breadsticks. Mmmmm! OK, no! All you can eat salad.

No comments: