Wednesday, June 24, 2009

GA--Bloggers All Around!

So far I've only seen Monkey Mind (James Ford) strolling past the LREDA booth, I did not run up to him and tell him how much his post yesterday touched me. Too much pride, darn it.

And I saw Jeff Liebman, from uujeff's muse kennel and pizzatorium. I first met Jeff at my very first GA when I'd been a Religious Educator for about three minutes. I was looking for great curriculum and spent hours at the UUCARDS booth. Jeff pulled up a chair for me, and chatted with me for a long time about programs and youth. Toward the end of the week he teased me that if I came back one more time, I'd be a curriculum geek. Yep, I came back and he called out from across the booth "Curriculum Geek!" he's been my friend ever since. (and his curricula are really effective with youth, too!) I had a nice conversation with Jeff, and I'm so jealous about his life right now. I want to live on Long Island and go to seminary too, me too, me too!

I hope to see more bloggers and blog readers here. I live at the LREDA booth, they tuck my cot away during the days. Well, I'm not there all the time, but stop by if you're here!


2 comments:

Lilylou said...

Uh oh, Kari, that's a dangerous sentiment, to want to go to seminary! Bite your tongue, girl! Except, of course, you'd probably love it and be a great minister!

Kari said...

Biting, biting!